Courtesy of BBC News Monitor
2. The singing of a number of notes over one syllable, as popularised by Whitney Houston, is called a melisma.
3. Goats have accents.
4. There are 364 different ways to mis-spell the name of the Welsh village Betws-y-Coed.
5. Sloth meat tastes tough, gamey and a bit like pork.
More details (Slate)
6. A chameleon can fit on the head of a match.
7. The world's hottest chilli pepper can burn its way through gloves.
More details (Metro)
8. Richard Dawkins invokes God when flustered.
More details (Daily Telegraph)
9. A snowdrop bulb can sell for £725.
More details (Daily Express)
10. Birds are less monogamous when the climate is changeable.
More details (Discovery News)